How to handle getting a speeding ticket.
No one likes to see blue lights flashing in their rear-view mirror. Getting pulled over by the police is never fun or exciting. In fact, it can bring out anxiety and stress in many of us. If you get caught speeding, you could face several different punishments. In order to handle receiving a speeding ticket, take a look at these pointers.
- Firstly, pull to the side of the road safely and out of the way of traffic.
- Remain courteous and polite to the officer. Keep your hands in view at all times and avoid making sudden movements.
- Say as little as possible. If you plan on fighting your ticket, keep answers short and don’t admit wrongdoing. Anything you do say can be used as evidence against you.
- Sign the citation. This document is not an admission of guilt, it is just recognition that you’ve received the citation and that you promise to either pay the fine or show up to court on the designated date.
- Merge safely back into traffic once the officer has given you the all clear.
- Once you arrive at your destination, read over the documents. There will be a number that you can call if you have any questions.
- Write down everything about the event that you can remember.
- If you fight the ticket in court, make sure you have a well-prepared case and a good argument for why you were speeding.
Remember, speeding tickets are completely avoidable. Drive safely and adhere to all speed limits to avoid getting a ticket.
Do you have the necessary coverage to protect your vehicle and finances? Contact the team at McCarty Insurance to get started on your tailored auto insurance coverage.
Leave A Comment