Happy Halloween from McCarty Insurance Agency! While getting your home ready for your Halloween party, it is vital to know how to stay safe during the holiday. Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind to ensure that you and your loved ones have a fun and safe Halloween night.
- Do not allow any small children to carve their own pumpkin. Have them use their creative skills and use paint, stickers, and glitter to decorate it.
- Consider using a glow stick or battery operated light to light up your jack o’ lantern. If you do use a real candle, make sure to place the pumpkin on a sturdy surface that is far away from any flammable materials.
- When choosing the perfect costume for your children, make sure to choose one that fits properly to avoid tripping and falling when trick or treating.
- Use reflective tape or stickers on your child’s costume, especially if it is a dark color, to help them be more visible to passing drivers.
- Have your child carry a glow stick or flashlight along with their candy bag to help them see at night, and be seen by others.
- Before heading out to go trick or treating, make sure to eat a delicious, filling dinner to help prevent your children from snacking on their Halloween candy before getting home.
- If you have older children who will be trick or treating with a group of friends, make sure to plan out a route through familiar neighborhoods. Also, make sure to set a strict curfew of when they need to be home.
- Before you allow your children to enjoy their Halloween candy, inspect each piece and throw out any pieces that look like they have been opened or tampered with.
McCarty Insurance Agency would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe Halloween!
Leave A Comment