May marks Employee Health and Fitness Month – how is your business celebrating?
While organizations should make employee wellness a priority year-round, May marks Global Employee Health & Fitness Month. This is a time for employers to contemplate whether they’re doing enough to encourage active and healthy lifestyles in their staff.
Previously, the National Association for Health and Fitness (NAHF) designated just one day to employee wellness, but recently expanded the scope to a full month! This represents the importance of employee health and wellbeing.
As a business owner, dedicate May to encouraging improvement of your employees’ health and fitness! Here are some ways to get started:
- Sponsor a healthy breakfast or lunch
- Replace sugary snacks and fizzy drinks with a bowl of fruit and bottles of water.
- Host a “fitness walk” during lunch breaks or take walking meetings instead of sitting in the conference room.
- Encourage employees to hand-deliver messages rather than using e-mail.
- Provide worksite health screenings.
- Pining healthy recipes to the office fridge.
- Invite a fitness instructor to offer before or after work demonstrations.
- Encourage your team to sign up for a local marathon together.
Of course, if you have employees with better health, your company will benefit!
- Increased productivity among employees.
- Reduces rates of absenteeism and illness.
- Increased well-being among employees.
- Improved physical fitness and stamina.
- Reduced stress among employees.
Business owners, are you ready to get started on your plan to better your employees and company? Be sure to contact McCarty Insurance, located in Lake Forest, California for all of your business insurance needs to keep your company protected as it improves and grows.