Protect your vehicle with these theft prevention tips.
Your vehicle may well be one of your largest assets. When people think about car thefts, they think about criminals targeting brand new vehicles and high-end, luxurious models. However, this simply isn’t the case. It’s important to protect your asset, no matter what the age, make, and model. Below, we take a look at America’s most stolen vehicles and what you can do to prevent vehicle theft.
Commonly Stolen Vehicles:
- Honda Civic
- Honda Accord
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Toyota Camry
- Nissan Altima
- Toyota Corolla
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
What You Can Do to Prevent Vehicle Theft:
- Lock your doors and close all windows. Double check before leaving the vehicle.
- Never leave the keys on the tire – Criminals know this trick well.
- Park in well-lit areas that are densely populated.
- Park your car in the garage overnight, if possible.
- Consider installing an auto immobilizer and additional safety features.
- Review your car insurance policy.