What you should know about getting your insurance through a broker.
When you’re looking for your next insurance policy, you will have two choices: work with an insurance broker or buy directly from a captive insurance agent. While the latter represents a single company, an insurance broker represents a variety of insurance companies. To help you make the right choice, take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of working with an insurance broker.
- Insurance brokers work exclusively for you (rather than the insurance company like a captive agent). They are not tied to one specific insurance company, meaning that they have a wider variety of insurance policy options to offer you.
- They look at your personal needs and then search multiple companies to find the best deal for you based on your particular situation.
- To them, you are not just a number. You develop a long-lasting relationship with one agent who is always looking out for you.
- You can secure all of your home/auto/business/life and more insurance policies through one broker.
- They often price-compare and review your coverage throughout the year to ensure you’re getting the best deal.
- They have a comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of a great variety of insurance products.
- They go the extra mile for you!
- You may not need all of the additional coverage that the broker suggests. Keep in mind your goals of what/who you want to protect and talk to your agent about how best to acquire that coverage.
- You’re not working with one!
Are you ready to find the right insurance for your needs through a broker? Contact the independent insurance agency, McCarty Insurance Agency, to get started on your tailored coverage today.