Your auto insurance rate is based on more than the make and model of your vehicle.
When trailing through online auto insurance quotes, you’ll notice that with every question you answer, the monthly cost fluctuates. Everything from your chosen coverage to your personal details affects the price that you will pay every month.
As insurance is all based on risk, a teenager who is new to the roads will have a higher premium than a middle-aged adult who has been driving for many years, as a teenager is more likely to be involved in an accident and cash in a policy. Even then, your risk on the roads is only one factor that insurers consider when determining a premium!
Check out what determines your auto insurance rate:
- Age – Those under the age of 21 pay an average of 48 percent more than those aged 21 to 25. This is because those who are deemed inexperienced have a higher chance of being involved in collisions, and thus face higher premiums.
- Gender – It is a woman’s world! On average, men pay 5 percent more than women.
- Marital Status – Single people pay an average of 19 percent more than married couples, while divorced people pay less than both single and married people! Don’t rush to the alter to save on your premiums yet, the cost difference could primarily be due to age.
- Locations – The cheapest states for car insurance are Idaho, Vermont, and Wisconsin, while the most expensive states are New Jersey, Maryland, and Rhode Island. Of course, where you’re located with the state counts too. If you’re in a particularly dodgy area where there is a fair amount of crime, you could face higher premiums.
- Homeownership – On average, renters pay 23 percent more than homeowners.
- Education – Typically, high school graduates pay 33 percent more than those with a graduate degree. Fortunately, those with good grades can get the Good Student Discount!
- Safety – If your car has added safety features, such as multiple airbags, daytime running lights, and you park it in a safe garage overnight, you may enjoy a nifty discount.
Skip the search of finding the most reliable auto insurer for your needs. Contact McCarty Insurance Agency for the right auto insurance coverage that suits your vehicle and finances in Fresno, California!
Leave A Comment