The Super Bowl is right around the corner, which means it is the perfect time to start planning for your Super Bowl party. Keep these safety tips in mind to ensure that everyone has a safe and fun time at your party.
- Serve plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Food is one of the best ways to slow down intoxication and if your guests have drinks to choose from other than alcoholic drinks, they are less likely to get too intoxicated.
- Make sure all of your guests have sober, designated drivers to get home safely. If they do not have a sober ride home, offer them a place to sleep at your home or offer to pay for a taxi.
- Encourage all of your guests to hang out for a while after the game is over to give them time to sober up so that they do not drive while intoxicated.
To ensure your guests stay full and satisfied throughout the game, try this delicious Reuben pigs in blankets recipe.
- ½ cup sauerkraut, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1, 8 ounce tube crescent roll dough
- 2 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 24 beef cocktail franks
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Caraway seeds
- Thousand Island dressing or spicy brown mustard for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine the relish and sauerkraut in a small bowl and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and pinch the seams together with your fingers. Cut the dough in half lengthwise, then slice each half crosswise to make 12 strips. Spread 1 teaspoon of sauerkraut-relish mixture on each strip of dough, leaving a ½ inch border on one short end. Sprinkle with cheese. Place 1 frank on each strip and roll the dough around the frank, pressing lightly to seal.
- Transfer the wrapped franks to the baking sheet, seam side down and brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake until the dough is golden brown, or for about 15 minutes. Serve with spicy mustard or Thousand Island dressing.