Cut down your monthly premium rate without sacrificing your coverage.
Homeowners are always looking for ways to save money. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or have owned the house for many years now, it’s always a priority to get the best value of coverage that you pay for each month.
Fortunately, there are simple (and easy!) ways to lower your premium without sacrificing valuable coverage!
- Raise your deductible. As with any insurance policy, if you opt to pay a higher deductible (the money that you have to pay forward before your insurance company starts to pay a claim), the more money you’ll save on your premium. Only do this if you can commit to the higher out-of-pocket expense.
- Bundle your policies. Most companies that sell homeowners insurance also sell auto and umbrella liability insurance. If you bundle your policies together under one insurer, you may receive a discount, and you get to enjoy only managing one account – win-win!
- Make your home safer. Many insurers these days offer a discount for those homes who have additional safety features, such as installing smoke detectors, fire alarms, and security systems.
- Don’t underinsure. Insufficient coverage takes money from your pocket! Whenever a life-changing event occurs, talk to your insurer to maintain the right limits and coverages. Every few years, ask your insurer for a customized estimate of your home’s replacement cost. To protect against the surge in the price of materials and labor that can follow a natural disaster, buy an extended coverage rider!
- Talk to the professional insurance agents at McCarthy Insurance Agency!