Cut down your monthly premium rate without sacrificing your coverage.
Homeowners are always looking for ways to save money. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or have owned the house for many years now, it’s always a priority to get the best value of coverage that you pay for each month.
Fortunately, there are simple (and easy!) ways to lower your premium without sacrificing valuable coverage!
- Raise your deductible. As with any insurance policy, if you opt to pay a higher deductible (the money that you have to pay forward before your insurance company starts to pay a claim), the more money you’ll save on your premium. Only do this if you can commit to the higher out-of-pocket expense.
- Bundle your policies. Most companies that sell homeowners insurance also sell auto and umbrella liability insurance. If you bundle your policies together under one insurer, you may receive a discount, and you get to enjoy only managing one account – win-win!
- Make your home safer. Many insurers these days offer a discount for those homes who have additional safety features, such as installing smoke detectors, fire alarms, and security systems.
- Don’t underinsure. Insufficient coverage takes money from your pocket! Whenever a life-changing event occurs, talk to your insurer to maintain the right limits and coverages. Every few years, ask your insurer for a customized estimate of your home’s replacement cost. To protect against the surge in the price of materials and labor that can follow a natural disaster, buy an extended coverage rider!
- Talk to the professional insurance agents at McCarthy Insurance Agency!
We serve Fresno and the neighboring cities of California with quality homeowners insurance policies that suit their needs, budget, and home! Contact us today to get started.
Leave A Comment