Auto insurance is a necessary expense to ensure that you and your family are protected in case of an unfortunate accident while on the road. Luckily, there are different discounts that are available to help you save money on your policy. Now that school is back in session, you can lower the cost of your teen’s auto insurance with a good student discount.
In order to qualify for a good student discount, your child must meet certain requirements. These requirements include:
- They must be younger than 25 years old.
- They must be enrolled full time at either a high school or college.
- Must maintain at least a “B” average, or a 3.0 GPA. Being on the Dean’s List or honor roll also qualifies the student.
- If homeschooled, they must show proof of a good performance.
If your child meets all of the requirements to qualify for a good student discount, your insurance provider will then ask for proof of the good grades. Typical forms of proof include:
- The most recent report card.
- A letter signed by a school administrator that says that the student has at least a 3.0 GPA.
- If your child is homeschooled, there are different ways to prove that they have a good student status, such as their scores on standardize tests.
Good student discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider you have. Make sure to talk to your insurance agent to see what qualifications your child needs to receive the good student discount and if they meet those qualifications.
Contact the insurance professionals at McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno, California for all of your auto insurance needs. We will work with you to make sure that you get the right policy, with all the right discounts to ensure you have the right coverage for any situation.
Leave A Comment