Don’t leave your business exposed to risk.
Most small business owners probably worry about vandalism and fire affecting their business. While these are common claims for businesses, they are not the only ones that continue to crop up. As a small business owner, it’s your responsibility to protect your company from extreme damage.
Check out the common insurance claims and how you can act to prevent them.
One thief is all it takes to steal stock, cash, and dismantle a business. Stay one step ahead of the game by implementing these safety tips:
- Install security systems to protect your business against theft
- Secure and lock all doors and windows when the business is unattended
- Install adequate lighting in exterior and interior areas to deter trespassers
- Conduct background checks on employees, and enlist their help in reducing theft
- Keep a sturdy system for tracking and managing inventory
Property Damage by Storms
Storms can happen at any time, so prepare for the unexpected, always.
- Understand the geography of your area and take into consideration storm damage risks, such as the proximity of trees or elevation for storm water run-off.
- Trim overhanging, dead, and damaged tree branches.
- Secure loose objects that could become flying debris in high winds, and bring any outdoor equipment inside when possible.
- Plan your business for the possibility of an extended power outage – including where you could relocate, what would happen to perishable stock, and arrange for Business Interruption cover.
One slip may not cause much damage to an understanding person, but if someone chooses to file a suit to your business, you could face huge expenses. Steer clear of the chance of that with these tips:
- Keep walkways and floors dry and clear of tripping hazards.
- Install adequate lighting to prevent slips and falls
- Ensure access to any dangerous areas of your business, such as machinery or hazardous materials is strict and restricted.
- Put systems in place to ensure you handle clients’ property with care and diligence, training employees on these systems.
Does your business have the right protection in place? Contact the professionals at McCarty Insurance Agency to get started on securing your Fresno, California business insurance policy.
Leave A Comment