Having a backyard BBQ is a great way to spend some quality time with your friends and family while enjoying some delicious food. Keep this delicious zucchini boats on the grill recipe in mind to impress all your guests!
You will need:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 slice white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced black olives
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced green chili peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup minced onion
- 6 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Then you will need to:
- Prepare your grill for indirect heat.
- Put the zucchini in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain, let cool, and then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp to about ¼ an inch away from the skin. Chop up the pulp that you removed.
- In a medium bowl, mix the zucchini pulp, bacon bits, bread pieces, jalapeno, olives, green chili peppers, tomato, onion, and cheddar cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Stuff the zucchini halves with the pulp mixture. Seal each stuffed half with aluminum foil.
- Put the foil packets on the prepared grill over indirect heat. Cook each packet for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender. Enjoy!
All of us at McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno, California would like to remind you to stay safe while grilling this summer.