Commercial Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Whether you use work trucks or delivery vans, having company cars that your employees use can help your business run a little bit more efficiently. However, it also means that you will have to invest in the right commercial auto insurance policy in order to provide proper coverage for your company and employees.
It is important to keep in mind that your personal auto insurance policy will not provide any coverage for vehicles that are used for business purposes. There is an increase in liability associated with company cars, which means the limits on your commercial policy would be much higher than your personal policy. There are many considerations to factor into your policy, including passengers, employees, work gear, and any other equipment, which is not covered by a standard auto insurance policy.
Typical commercial auto insurance policies have many coverage options, including:
- Property damage liability – which will provide coverage for any damage that is caused to another person’s property.
- Bodily insurance liability – which will provide coverage for any injuries that are incurred by other driver’s or passengers.
- Comprehensive coverage – sometimes known as “other than collision coverage,” comprehensive coverage will provide protection for damage or destruction that is caused by a peril, such as theft or fire.
- Collision coverage – which will pay for any damage that is done to your company vehicles after an accident.
- Medical payments coverage – which will cover the cost of any medical bills that are incurred by your employees during an accident.
To ensure that you have the right protection for your business, contact the insurance professionals at McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno, California. We will work with you to ensure that you have the protection that you deserve, all at the right price.