2019 Memorial Day safety tips!
Memorial Day weekend is right around the corner, and that means that many of us are getting ready for gathering with friends and family for outdoor fun and remembering lost veterans. Whether you plan on traveling, hosting a picnic or attending a BBQ, remember these grilling tips to ensure your and your guests’ safety.
- Never leave a lit or hot grill unattended
- Place the grill at least two feet away from objects that can catch fire, such as side of the housing, deck walls or low-hanging branches
- Keep children and pets away from the grilling area
- Designate a griller who is responsible for controlling flames
- Keep a fire extinguisher nearby
- Avoid wearing baggy clothes that can easily catch fire
- Once you are finished with grilling, ensure all flames are out completely
We hope that you and your family have a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at McCarty Insurance today.
Leave A Comment