In the age of COVID-19, building a strong immune system has never been so important. No one wants to get ill, but there is a lot you can do to support your immune system to keep you healthy.
Your immune system is made up of lots of individual parts, which all work together to keep you healthy and free from infection. Following a healthy lifestyle and diet will help support each function of your immune system. Follow these tips for a strong immune system.
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Minimize your intake of animal proteins and processed foods. Include fermented foods such as sauerkraut, miso, and kefir, which help to build up the good bacterial in your gut.
- Stay on top of stress as chronic stress produces hormones that suppress your immune system. Manage stress by relaxing, being mindful, meditating, and seeking counsel if necessary.
- Get enough sleep. Aim to get at least seven hours of sleep every night.
- Avoid smoking. Quit if you are a smoker.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Wash your hands with warm soap and water often.
Maintaining a strong immune system is good for your overall health and wellbeing. Work on improving yours with these tips.
While you and your family have fun, allow the professionals to tend to your insurance needs. For reliable insurance in Fresno and surrounding cities of California, visit McCarty Insurance today.
Leave A Comment