Protect your property from winter damage.
The most wonderful time of year can easily turn into the dreaded time as winter weather wreaks havoc on property damages. As a homeowner, you should do what you can to keep your beloved property safe from the claws of winter damages.
- Drain and disconnect exterior hoses
- Drain sprinkler supply lines
- Insulate pipes located in unheated spaces
- Leave garage doors closed when possible
- Keep your home warm – even if you leave town for a couple of days
- Check that all fireplaces, stoves, and heaters work properly
- Remove flammable objects away from heat sources
- Blow out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
- Never leave the house while the oven is on
Slips and falls
- Always shovel your driveway and walkway after a storm
- Apply commercial-grade salt to help melt the ice faster
- Make sure hand railings are stable
- Remove objects and tripping hazards from the pathway to the property
- Ensure you are fully covered with homeowners liability insurance
Being aware of how to protect your property can help you to have a safe and happy festive season! Ensure you have the right homeowners insurance in place. Visit the professionals at McCarty Insurance get started today! We can help you understand the ins and outs of your chosen policy.