Spring Home Maintenance
Now that it is officially spring, spring cleaning is probably at the top of your to-do list. While getting your home clean for the new season is important, there is something even more important – spring home maintenance. Keep these home maintenance tips in mind to ensure that your house is ready for the changing season.
For your siding, roofing, and windows:
- Check to see if there is any damage done to your roof, such as broken or missing shingles. If you find any issues, hire a professional to come out and make any necessary repairs.
- Head into your attic and look for any visible signs of moisture, such as discoloration of the wood. If you find any signs of moisture, it can be a sure sign that your roof is leaking and needs to be repaired.
- Look at the trim and siding of your house. If it is peeling, it is time for a new coat of paint to help protect your home against the harmful effects of weather.
- Check for any leaks around doors and windows. Replacing any damaged seals can help to keep your home airtight, which can help to cut down on your energy bills.
For your exterior and yard:
- Check for signs of any rodents or pests. If you find any damage or signs, hire an exterminator to deal with the problem before it gets out of hand.
- Clean out your gutters and downspouts, and ensure that they are draining any water away from the foundation of your house.
- Trim any trees or shrubs that are overgrown to help keep your roof and yard clean.
As the weather warms up for spring, it is also the perfect time to look over your homeowners insurance needs to ensure that you have the right amount of protection. Contact McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno, California for all of your home insurance coverage needs.