Fall is officially here, which means it is the perfect time to make sure your home is ready for the changing season. Keep these simple tips in mind when preparing your home for fall to ensure that it is ready for the cooler temperatures and extra time spent indoors.
- Look at your roof. Check your roof for any lose or missing shingles, and repair any damage as soon as possible to prevent any further damage to your roof or attic.
- Clear out your rain gutters. Clean out any fallen leaves or other debris from your rain gutters. Clogged rain gutters can cause water to back up and damage your roof or walls.
- Check the furnace. Hire a professional to check your furnace to make sure that it is working properly and to do any routine maintenance.
- Clean out your chimney. Hire a professional to clean out your chimney and fireplace. A clogged chimney can easily catch fire and push dangerous carbon monoxide into your house.
- Put away your gardening tools. Wash and store your gardening tools in a cool, dry place to ensure that they are in good condition for when the weather warms back up.
- Check your alarms. Test all of the smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms throughout your home to ensure that they are working properly. Replace any alarms that are not working properly or that are outdated.
- Refresh your emergency kit. Look through your emergency kit to ensure that it has all the supplies needed in case of a disaster.
Fall is also the best time to look over your homeowners insurance policy to ensure that provides the right amount of coverage this season. For all of your insurance needs throughout California, contact McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno. We will work with you to ensure that you get the best policy to meet all of your needs.