Football is back, so it’s time to try this veggie burger tailgate recipe!
Football season is coming up, and many are prepping their portable grills and readying the car for tailgate parties. While you organize your guest list and fill your cooler with beer, try making something a little healthier for snacking on while watching the game.
Serve this meatless black bean burger on a bun with hot sauce, lettuce, and tomato!
- 1½ cups cooked quinoa
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (or about 1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided gluten free if necessary
- Olive oil, for browning burgers
- Add all ingredients plus ¼ cup of the bread crumbs to a food processor. Process for 45-60 seconds until all ingredients are blended together, but still a little bit chunky. Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate for about ten minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Form mixture into patties. You will get about 6 patties, depending on the size you make them. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and place black bean burgers on. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and coat the bottom with olive oil. Cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until crisp and heated through. Top with your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
From the insurance professionals, we hope that you enjoy these delicious veggie burgers during the football season! To thoroughly enjoy the season, contact McCarty Insurance Agency for your needed insurance policies in Fresno, CA.