Owning a business comes with a lot of responsibility, including make sure your business and employees are protected with the right insurance policies. If your business has any company vehicles, it is important to invest in a commercial vehicle insurance policy to make sure your business is financially protected in case of an unfortunate accident with one of the vehicles.
Commercial vehicle insurance, also known as fleet insurance can provide coverage for any type of vehicle. If you have a fleet of 50 moving trucks, or just one car that is used to make deliveries, a commercial vehicle insurance policy can provide the right amount of coverage. Personal auto insurance policies do not provide sufficient coverage for business vehicles since they are written differently. There are also certain business uses and vehicle types that are not able to be covered by a personal policy. Commercial auto insurance policies also provide particular coverage options that are not available in a personal auto insurance policy.
Commercial vehicle insurance covers many different situations, including:
- Bodily injury liability which will pay for the medical costs associated with bodily injury or death for which you are at fault.
- Property damage liability provides protection in case your vehicle causes damage to another person’s property. It will also provide the funds for a legal defense.
- Combined single limit provides the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence for bodily injury or property damage, to both a single individual and several people.
- Comprehensive physical damage will pay for repairing damage to the vehicles from theft, flood, fire, and vandalism.
- Collision coverage will pay for the damage to a vehicle that is hit or hits another object.
For the most comprehensive commercial auto insurance policy that provides the right amount of coverage for your business, contact McCarty Insurance Agency in Fresno, California.