Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this recipe!
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and now is the time to think about what Mexican dish you’re going to enjoy. To help, we’re sharing our delicious quesadilla recipe which is perfect for celebrating Cinco de Mayo!
- 8 ounces white or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, or half of each, thinly sliced
- 4 soft taco-size (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas, preferably whole grain
- Salsa, your favorite variety, as desired
- 2 to 3 scallion, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 1/2 cups grated cashew cheese
1. Place the mushrooms in a medium skillet and layer the bell peppers on top of them. Add a small amount of water, cover, and steam until the mushrooms are done and the bell peppers are tender-crisp. Drain.
2. Sprinkle about a quarter of the cheese over the surface of one tortilla. Arrange half of the mushroom and pepper mixture over the cheese. Top with some salsa — enough to flavor and moisten the veggies, but not to drench them. Sprinkle with half of the scallion, and some optional cilantro. End with about another quarter of cheese, and cover with another tortilla.
3. Repeat the above step with the remaining ingredients.
4. To cook on the stovetop: Cook the quesadillas one at a time on a nonstick griddle over medium-high heat. When one side is golden and crisp, carefully flip over and cook the other side until golden.
5. Once done, cut each quesadilla into 4 equal wedges, allowing 2 to 4 wedges per serving, and eat out of hand with extra salsa.
If you’re looking for quality insurance this May, look no further than your professionals at McCarty Insurance. For all of your insurance needs in Fresno and neighboring cities in California, contact us today.