Are you one of the millions of Americans who enjoy the thrill of off-roading on an ATV? According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), there were an estimated 100,000 ATV-related injuries treated in U.S. hospital emergency rooms. With the potential risks of ATV use, it’s essential to ensure you have proper insurance coverage in case of an accident or theft. In this blog, we will discuss why you need ATV insurance and what coverages you will get with ATV insurance.
Do I Need Insurance for My ATV?
While not required by law in every state, it’s highly recommended to have ATV insurance. Your homeowner’s policy might not provide coverage, and if you’re in an accident or your ATV is stolen, you could be left with hefty out-of-pocket expenses.
As an Off-Roader, What Does ATV Insurance Get You?
As an off-roader, ATV insurance can provide you with the peace of mind you need when enjoying the trails. With the various coverage options available, you can customize your policy to fit your specific needs and budget. With ATV insurance, you can focus on the thrill of off-roading while knowing you’re protected in case of any unexpected events.
Coverage Options Under ATV Insurance
Below are some of the coverage options you should consider:
- Liability Coverage: This type of coverage can protect you in case of an accident where you’re at fault. It can cover damages to another person’s property, medical expenses, and legal fees if you’re sued.
- Collision Coverage: If your ATV is damaged in a collision, this coverage can help cover repair costs. It usually comes with a deductible, which is the amount you’ll pay out of pocket before your insurance kicks in.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage can protect your ATV from non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, or weather-related damages.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This type of coverage can provide protection if you’re in an accident with someone who doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay for damages.
- Medical Payments Coverage: In case of an accident, this coverage can help cover medical expenses for you and your passengers.
What’s the ATV Insurance Cost in CA?
The cost of ATV insurance in California can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of coverage you choose, your ATV’s make and model, your driving record, and your location. Generally, liability coverage can cost anywhere from $100 to $300 per year, while collision and comprehensive coverage can range from $100 to $500 or more per year, depending on the value of your ATV.
However, it’s essential to note that these are just estimates, and the actual cost of your ATV insurance can only be determined after getting a personalized quote from an insurance provider. It’s always a good idea to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best coverage at the most affordable price.
Cover Your ATV and Yourself with McCarty Insurance Agency
At McCarty Insurance Agency, we understand the unique needs of ATV riders and can help you find the right insurance coverage for your specific situation. Contact us today to learn more about our ATV insurance options and get a free quote. Don’t take chances on the trails – get the protection you need with McCarty Insurance Agency.